Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday morning thoughts

Today I woke up comfortably in my bed, my children secure in theirs.  Today, many orphans in Haiti woke up afraid with their futures hanging desperately in the balance.  We have friends whose parents are adopting from Haiti and it is a very long process - years.  And the same is for many families here in the US.  However, with the situation in Haiti, all of that lies tenuously in the decisions of two governments - one of which has suffered more than any of us can truly understand.  I just read that the head of adoption in Haiti was killed in the courthouse.  Files are buried.  New orphans are coming into the orphanages but there are not rooms because those who were ready to go "home" are now unsure of when that will happen.  Pray with me friends that this situation is resolved quickly and these adoptions are expedited so these children can come home.

On another note, today I start the last semester of my MBA.  That sounds unreal to even say it - and a little scary honestly.  I have two classes - Strategic Marketing which I am looking forward to and the Capstone - which is basically the final project.  In this, you are teamed with 4 or 5 other students and serve as consultants to a real company to solve an issue they have presented.  Its a little daunting to be honest, but I am looking forward to the challenge.  It is a level of work that may student actually include on their resume once completed.  And to top it all off, this is my first semester with the boys.  Sure I had them last semester but I was on leave, so that was different.  So add in their soccer and football and this should be interesting for sure!  But, I like to be busy HA HA

Mr. T. is home from his campin - said he had fun and went straight to bed lol. I am glad he made it without getting homesick - that says a lot.  When he first came to us he was afraid of everything, so for him to feel secure in this, it was huge.

Well, I better start getting organized........oh and there is that blasted laundry.  

2 comments:

  1. hello fellow adoptive mommy =) I will have to catch up on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tricia! I have been following you since before we got our kids - your story always inspired me and I love seeing their growth! Thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete